[mythtv-users] mythweb broken by latest update

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Apr 5 16:19:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 18:16 -0400, Greg wrote:

> I had a similar problem a few weeks ago..
> Bill Meeks pointed me in the right direction. His answer was:
> Hi;
>
> MythBackend.php now gets installed in:
>
>    ...share/mythtv/bindings/php/MythBackend.php,
>
> not in ...share/mythtv/mythweb.
>
> Even though you updated mythweb (git clone...), it appears that you
> didn't copy it to /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb (or point to the new
> source.)
>
> You're still using your old MythBackend.php.

What I had done was:

# cd /usr/local/src/mythtv/mythweb
# tar cf - . | (cd /var/www/html/mythweb; tar xpf -)

I had no idea there were things that get installed outside of the
DocumentRoot directory, I actually thought apache was supposed to be
limited to this area. Rather scary that in fact it is not.

The problem turned out to be that an old version of MythBackend.php was
sitting in /var/www/html/mythweb/classes . I moved that out of the way,
restarted httpd, and then it magically found the new one. Thank you for
pointing me in the right direction. I guess I will have to find a way to
use something like rsync instead of tar for doing this update, so that
old files can be removed as well as copying in new ones.

--Greg