[mythtv-users] Hardware Purchase

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Apr 5 14:45:42 UTC 2011

On 11-04-05 10:35 AM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>>> If you want OTA, then the HDHomeRun is one of the poorest tuners out there
>>> for sensitivity of weaker stations.  Even the HVR-1600 beats it by a fair margin.
>>
>> Most people find the exact opposite of this to be true.

I don't know "most people", just a few with HDHRs and other tuners,
plus my own rather extensive setup and experience with the first two
generations of HDHRs and many other tuners.

..
> That's a dangerous area of speculation you are entering.

Dangerous?? Speculation??

No speculation.  Just real world hard-won experience.
And the only "Danger" involved was in the numerous trips
up the antenna tower tweaking things over and over until
I finally discovered it was the tuner not the setup.

Cheers