[mythtv-users] Configuring HDMI sound in Mythbuntu for ASUS GT430

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:13:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4 April 2011 18:49, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ahh...late night. Installed 1.0.24 after adding the alsa repository.
>>> Seems the base module keeps getting updated. But I'm not seeing the
>>> 1.0.24 libraries in the package manager. Do I need to compile via
>>> source for those?
>>
>> That's what I do.
>
> Off to compile then!

Just an update:

After compiling the 1.0.24 libraries I renamed the asound.conf I had
created and rebooted.

After doing a scan I was able to get:

ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia_1,DEV=3 [device supports up to 5.1 (digital
output,AC3,DTS,)], which didn't work before, to work.

Of course, ditching my asound.conf has stopped hdmi sound working in
Firefox, but I realized that this machine's supposed to be my PVR and
not another desktop so perhaps I should just stop fiddling.

Thanks.