[mythtv-users] Question about 0.24 osd.xml values

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 4 16:12:13 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 06:06 AM, Dave Sp wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Above, you wrote "the only sensible way to allow that level of
> [timeout] control is to have the theme control it".
>
> As a start, I created an enhancement ticket
> ("http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9706") with patches to allow
> theme control of the three current OSD timeout values.  Should I have
> assigned the ticket to a component other than "Video/OSD Rendering"
> for the patches to be considered for inclusion?

Video/OSD Rendering is perfect.  I'll take a look at it, soon, and see
if I can get agreement from other devs on the approach, then ensure it
goes in.

Thanks a ton for the code--and I apologize for not replying earlier.  I
should have mentioned that the "interim" patch you had was better not
applied.  In general, we tend to take the "no capability is better than
an incorrect shortcut" approach.  I didn't reply because I had planned
to actually have written code like you submitted by now.  I figured it
would be easier to just write the patch (since I really wanted it, too,
for myself), and then mention that it's in.  Glad you got it done, though.

Thanks, again.
Mike