[mythtv-users] Lineup question

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri Apr 1 11:29:40 UTC 2011

On 11-03-31 09:58 PM, David Liana wrote:
..
> I created a Schedules Direct lineup with all the stations I receive and
> associated it with the card (as per the "How to scan for ATSC/QAM channels" or
> whatever the name was from the wiki - this was years ago and this has worked
> alright since).
>
> From time to time, TW will add some out of market (currently, they have some of
> the Syracuse locals) channels for testing purposes, and you can only see these
> if you scan for channels.  They aren't a part of the lineup, nor are these
> options in the Schedules Direct lineups for my area.  I've tried different Zip
> Codes, but I will loose out on some of the channels I currently have/want.
>
> Is there any way I can get the lineups?  Is it as easy as creating a new lineup
> with the Syracuse channels, and just inputing the XML TV ID for the channel in
> the editor (without changing the association to the new lineup)?  Am I totally
> off base here/missing something?

That (last paragraph above) should work, but you will still need to re-scan
so that the new channels get associated with the card/source ("input") combo.

I've done this for "missing" channels from our local lineup,
using a far-away lineup to get the SD data for them,
and manually entering the matching XMLID after scanning.

Cheers