[mythtv-users] Lineup question

David Liana dliana.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 01:58:48 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I was just wondering if something could be done, just for kicks.

I have a Hauppage HVR 1600 that I use to get HD channels from my provider,
Time Warner Cable in Rochester.

I can get all the local channels from TW in HD at least - I am happy with
this arrangement.

I created a Schedules Direct lineup with all the stations I receive and
associated it with the card (as per the "How to scan for ATSC/QAM channels"
or whatever the name was from the wiki - this was years ago and this has
worked alright since).

>From time to time, TW will add some out of market (currently, they have some
of the Syracuse locals) channels for testing purposes, and you can only see
these if you scan for channels.  They aren't a part of the lineup, nor are
these options in the Schedules Direct lineups for my area.  I've tried
different Zip Codes, but I will loose out on some of the channels I
currently have/want.

Is there any way I can get the lineups?  Is it as easy as creating a new
lineup with the Syracuse channels, and just inputing the XML TV ID for the
channel in the editor (without changing the association to the new lineup)?
 Am I totally off base here/missing something?

Thanks