[mythtv-users] Power Line Network Connections and Myth ?

Wieslaw Kierbedz w.kier at farba.eu.org
Sun Sep 26 16:44:18 UTC 2010

W dniu 26.09.2010 18:31, Brian Wood anonsuje::
> Anyone have any experience with any of the various powerline networking units being sold?
>
> I know WiFi us a poor choice for connecting a Myth frontend, but my brother has a situation where hard wiring is going to
> be difficult, and I'm looking for alternatives.
>
> I'm certain none of the available units will actually meet their advertised speeds, but some are rated at 200 Mbps, and if
> I can get even half of that I should be OK.

My experiences with 802.11n (wi-fi 300Mb) under linux are very uninviting.
Every card I tried (only ath9 - different chipsets from atheros) works
very slow.
I mean none have worked properly.

Older 802.11g (54 Mb) almost all worked well.
54Mb/s should be enough for most video streams too.

I think you should find some 802.11n but you should be careful.
Perhaps some network oriented forum would be better for such investigation?
And use some wi-fi 802.11n router connected into mythbackend server with
cable.
--
WK