[mythtv-users] Power Line Network Connections and Myth ?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Sep 26 16:31:13 UTC 2010

Anyone have any experience with any of the various powerline networking units being sold?

I know WiFi us a poor choice for connecting a Myth frontend, but my brother has a situation where hard wiring is going to
be difficult, and I'm looking for alternatives.

I'm certain none of the available units will actually meet their advertised speeds, but some are rated at 200 Mbps, and if
I can get even half of that I should be OK.

I've tried units in the past that provide RJ-11 phone line connections, and had horrible results, but my home is an older
structure with Rube Goldberg/Heath Robinson-inspired wiring. My brother's place is a newer home that should have
relatively clean AC wiring.