[mythtv-users] Incorrect number of tuners

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 21 19:05:37 UTC 2010

  On 09/21/2010 02:55 PM, Chris Harland wrote:
> Weird thing happened on latest upgrade...I gain a tuner according to
> myth.  I currently have a HDHR with two tuners but after the upgrade
> to 0.23 a third tuner showed up in mythweb.  I went into the backend
> setup and I only see two tuners and two input connections.  I removed
> all tuners anyway and setup the two HDHR tuners again yet myth still
> lists three tuners in the frontend and mythweb.
>
> Normally it's not a problem since tuner 3 doesn't seem to get used.
>  However, when three shows need to tape simultaneously on three
> channels (NBC,ABC, CBS) myth tries to use the third tuner even though
> mythweb and the frontend list the third recording as conflicted and
> the status is will not record.  When it attempts to use the 3rd tuner
> all channels stop recording, the frontend says it is recording but I
> can see no lights on the HDHR and in the end one of the shows is cut
> short right at the time the 3rd tuner attempted to record.  Logs say
> nothing went wrong and list the 3rd tuner as recording.
>
> I'm stumped.  How do I get rid of this 3rd tuner even though I can't
> see it in the backend setup?

Did you use the Delete all capture cards (and not Delete all capture
cards on host) procedure to clear your capture cards?  If not, please
clear them, again, that way.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Also, note that it is possible that you could configure multirec tuners
with the HDHR in 0.23 and above, so you may actually /have/ 3 usable
"tuners" (and an option to make a 4th or more).

Mike