[mythtv-users] Incorrect number of tuners

Chris Harland cwharland at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 18:55:40 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Weird thing happened on latest upgrade...I gain a tuner according to myth.
 I currently have a HDHR with two tuners but after the upgrade to 0.23 a
third tuner showed up in mythweb.  I went into the backend setup and I only
see two tuners and two input connections.  I removed all tuners anyway and
setup the two HDHR tuners again yet myth still lists three tuners in the
frontend and mythweb.

Normally it's not a problem since tuner 3 doesn't seem to get used.
 However, when three shows need to tape simultaneously on three channels
(NBC,ABC, CBS) myth tries to use the third tuner even though mythweb and the
frontend list the third recording as conflicted and the status is will not
record.  When it attempts to use the 3rd tuner all channels stop recording,
the frontend says it is recording but I can see no lights on the HDHR and in
the end one of the shows is cut short right at the time the 3rd tuner
attempted to record.  Logs say nothing went wrong and list the 3rd tuner as
recording.

I'm stumped.  How do I get rid of this 3rd tuner even though I can't see it
in the backend setup?

Thanks in advance

Chris