[mythtv-users] Transcoding HD-PVR Recordings

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Mon Sep 20 21:44:58 UTC 2010

Nick,
     I use Avidemux interactively. There was a script written by Robert
MacNamera which translated MythTV cutpoints into an Avidemux compatible
edit file.

     I did not find the automatic commercial cut points in MythTV to be
that accurate plus Avidemux will not allow you to undo or modify an edit
once committed.

     After editing many videos in Avidemux the manual effort does not
seem that onerous. I do a regular hour tv show in 3-5 minutes tops.

Doug