[mythtv-users] OT: netboot is extremely slow to boot

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 01:10:46 UTC 2010

> it takes over 5
> minutes to download the image. On the client I see:
> DHCP..
> <ip info>
> TFTP.
> MTFTP......
>
> It's the MTFTP part that takes forever.

You don't want MTFTP. Something must be misconfigured on your PXE
client, TFTP server, DHCP server, or possibly in your bootloader to
make it fall back to MTFTP. I used to use PXE and my kernel would TFTP
down in just a few seconds. Are there any PXE options in your
BIOS/Option ROM BIOS you can play with, try different settings? (Intel
bootroms in particular have some weird options.) Can you post your
tftpd conf file, dhcpd.conf, pxelinux.cfg/default file?