[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Sep 18 23:51:39 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <mike at grounded.net>
To: "mythtv-users" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

>What you might not realized is that after years of archiving by search engines, forums, blogs, text files, etc, a LOT of
>information become unreliable over time.

Regrettably 5200 is necessarily old now....

>Even the folks in this thread at at odds now and then that something works or not.

No one knows it all, in the end you have sort out the thruth.  I can quote examples where I've got it wrong in the lists and someone
has rescued the truth.  Thats the nature of, indeed the magic of the list.

>I suspect more and more people will no longer trust search results because of these reasons and live responses will become much
>more valuable.

There are plenty of recent posts (< 12 months about current vdpau PCI cards)

>No one asked so I didn't think to add that. I can post that if you'd like. It's probably a pretty old board at this point.

What it is is relatively more important than its age.

>> Try a clean mythbuntu install with the 5200! If you can't get that going,

>That was one of the first problems I had. I downloaded three distros and only the mythdora one would install on either of the
>systems I've tried. Besides, I am more familiar with RHEL/CENTOS and fedora comes closest to those. I wish it would install, it
>would be nice to see the card working finally. Then again, for all I know, maybe the card itself has a problem.

Maybe the problem lies in the hardware or the discs and not the distros then?  I am really surprised you cannot get mythbuntu to run
at all from the disk.  If not, I'd diagnose that first.  If you know the disc is good (by running it up on any machine) and it still
don't run, then I'd probably be swapping hardware.  A different old graphics card.  Different DVD.  etc.

Tell us what you do get, with what gear at what point?