[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Fri Sep 17 03:54:28 UTC 2010

> I know nvidia-settings is not working for you, but it is possible to
> hand edit the xorg.conf file for tv out..  There are threads galore
> out there with google: nvidia xorg tv-out

Yes, I've tried this also, mind you, this is a different setup now so could give that one more try.

> New cards that will do vdpau (even thought you do not need it) with
> tv-out (almost all nvidia cards have tv-out) are pretty cheap..

I'll just go with a newer-old nvidia then. They seem well supported. I'll look in the wiki which is where I found the leads to buy the others so far. I figure I want to hold back on buying high end anything for this just yet, until I can get some hands on time, to better know what I can do with it. Then I'll most likely start upgrading bits here, there and everywhere as my confidence builds.

Mike