[mythtv-users] [mythtv] mike's description of how SG should be used

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Sep 15 19:32:39 UTC 2010

On 09/15/10 09:36, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> So, for you, create the Default Storage Group on the master
> backend with directories:
>
> /myth/sanfrancisco/recordings
> /myth/newyork/recordings
>
> and Videos Storage Group with directories:
>
> /myth/sanfrancisco/videos
> /myth2/sanfrancisco/videos
> /myth/newyork/videos
> /myth2/newyork/videos
>
> And you don't need the NFS mounts.

so i did that this evening and made sure that the Video Storage Groups
were only defined on the MBE and when i did a rescan on my FE i lost all
the metadata for the videos on the SBE. as far as i can see, the MBE has
to be able to get at the files to serve them to the FE.

the FE never goes near the SBE.

have i misunderstood something?
--
simon