[mythtv-users] Jamu unable to update database schema

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 19:44:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Jan Ceuleers
<jan.ceuleers at computer.org> wrote:
> On 14/09/10 21:26, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>> Are you intending still to be running MythTV .21?  Because your
>> MythVideo DB is a .21 version-- so the options are 1) If you are
>> wanting to run .23, get a .23 version of MythVideo installed and start
>> the frontend at least once, allowing it to upgrade the DB, 2) if you
>> are wanting to run .21, disable Jamu.  It only works with .22 +.
>
> No, I want to run 0.22. All MythTV components that are installed are 0.22. I
> however don't want to (and in fact can't) run the frontend on the master
> backend, and I want to get the master backend fully up & running before I
> try to get the frontend back up.
>
> Unless of course you tell me that there is no need to solve my present
> problem before upgrading the frontend (which I keep powered down until I'm
> ready to upgrade it).
>
> The longer-term plan is to move the distro to Ubuntu 10.04 (and hence
> presumably MythTV 0.23), but not until I get the Ubuntu 9.10 upgrade
> completed on all machines. One baby step at a time :-)

The frontend does the MythVideo schema upgrades-- so for Jamu to work,
some frontend, somewhere on the system needs to be a matched version
to the copy of Jamu you're trying to run, and needs to be started in
order to upgrade the plugin schema.  Neither backends nor scripts can
upgrade plugin schemas.

Robert