[mythtv-users] Multi-Input Cards

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Sep 13 20:10:12 UTC 2010

> Two completely independent tuner devices can certainly be used at the same time.
> There are limitations.

I bought two cards to try myth out.
Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 DVB-S2 Tuner Card
Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC QAM ATSC

I have the above ATSC card in the main system so would not be using ATSC, only the PVR500's external inputs.
Assume it does it's encoding on board, then I could install a couple of those on two backend systems for example.
The best I could do on the backends unless I used different hardware than I'm hoping, would be IDE 7200 drives.