[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase fails when run automatically. CLI works fine

malcolm malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 08:07:51 UTC 2010

On 12/09/10 00:00, Jason Chambers wrote:
> Assuming your shell puts /usr/local/bin ahead of /usr/bin, I would guess
> that /usr/local/bin is the correct working version and /usr/bin is an
> old version that is now broken in someway after you manually updated XMLTV.
>
> However only you know what you did to "manually update XMLTV" so if its
> not obvious to you which is the correct one, and running both
> tv_grab_uk_rt commands directly doesn't make anything clearer I would
> remove/all traces/  of XMLTV and then reinstall it again properly.
>
> (XMLTV isn't just the tv_grab_uk_rt script - there are lots of
> supporting libraries too - so depending upon what you did you may have
> multiple versions of those lying around as well ...)

I believe /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt is the original install.
Originally I did:
"$sudo apt-get remove xmltv"
which i assumed would remove the broken version before installing the new one from
xmltv-nightly (using commands in the README)
I should also have removed 'xmltv-util' too, which has cleaned up /usr/bin.

a manual mythfilldatabase ran but didn't add any new data.
This is ok as uk_rt hasn't been that great at updating lately.

I'm hopefully the next overnight run my now also work, only time will tell!
thanks for the assist.