[mythtv-users] Is Mythtv still viable on the Fedora distribution?

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Mon Sep 6 21:11:18 UTC 2010

Since Mythtv does not work with pulse audio and the current suggestions
are to disable or remove pulse audio when running on a Fedora
distribution does it still make sense to try and get it to work on a
Fedora distribution? I guess I'm asking what is the development
direction? Another issue is selinux support. I have submitted and had
several changes made that get the web to mostly work with selinux on
Fedora but it seems to get periodically broken again. What is the
development direction in this area? Finally it is rumored that Ceton is
working with Mythtv development to support the new cable cards. Since
all communications surrounding the advent of the cable tuner cards seems
to be cloaked in rumors what can the user community expect for
functionality?