[mythtv-users] Happague HVR-950Q woes

Carl Foner foner at usa.net
Mon Sep 6 17:55:54 UTC 2010

>Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 23:07:20 -0700
>From: Robert Lynn Jr <rjlynn at sixteentwelvemedia.net>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Happague HVR-950Q woes
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
>Hi guys,
>
>I'm new here, and I got a brain teaser for ya. I've got MythTV 0.23 running,
>using a Happague HVR-950Q USB stick tuner. I have both the ClearQAM and
>analog tuners working correctly. But, when I'm using the MythTV front end,
>eventually, my keyboard becomes nonresponsive, and I have to alt-tab out and
>kill the frontend.
>
>The tuner works just fine. However, the keyboard becoming nonresponsive is a
>deal breaker. No such thing happens when using XBMC to connect to the
>backend and view live TV, so I BELIEVE it's a frontend issue. dmesg doesn't
>bring anything useful, either.
>
>I'm using a ZOTAC ionitx-g-e mainboard, and a HP wireless USB keyboard. I'm
>kinda leaning on it being that the USB bus may be a little overloaded, and
>that's why, but that wouldn't explain why I can alt-tab out. Where should I
>start troubleshooting?
>
>Oh, and has anyone gotten the remote to work?
>
>Thanks ahead of time,
>Rob Lynn

Rob,

Can you tell me how you got the 950Q analog tuner working properly?
I've been working on it for a while. I can usually get the video to
work, but I haven't gotten the audio to work reliably. I'm running
Mythbuntu 10.04. I haven't had any keyboard trouble on my end, but
I'm using a wired keyboard.

- Carl