[mythtv-users] MythVideo and .24

John reidjr at lineone.net
Mon Sep 6 20:44:41 UTC 2010

On 06/09/10 20:00, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 11:56 AM, MacNean Tyrrell<dardack at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> Maybe, but some options in trunk I'm using.  I did find the tmdb.py in the
>> svn and put it in the directory where myth is looking for it.  In
>> mythfrontend log:
>> 2010-09-06 14:52:28.710 Running Grabber:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -M Star_Wars
>> 2010-09-06 14:52:30.070 No results found for Star_Wars 0 0
>> However, when run in terminal:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -M Star_Wars
>> 19714:Star Wars: Revelations (2005)
>> 42979:Robot Chicken: Star Wars
>> 16134:The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
>> 12180:Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)
>> 28551:Star Wars: In Concert (2009)
>> 20131:Empire of Dreams: The Story of the 'Star Wars' Trilogy (1900)
>> 23602:Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume One (2005)
>> 34936:Star Wars: A New Hope Revisited (2008)
>> 41322:Star Wars Animated Adventures: Droids - The Pirates and the Prince
>> 39492:Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Edit
>> 28215:Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume Two (2005)
>> 35795:From Star Wars To Jedi:  The Making Of A Saga (1983)
>> 42982:Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II
>> 1892:Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
>> 1893:Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
>> 1894:Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
>> 1895:Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
>> 11:Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
>> 1891:Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
>> 41323:Star Wars Animated Adventures: Droids - Treasures of the Hidden Planet
>> 38949:Bounty Trail (1999)
>> So yea, maybe it's some python binding I'm missing.  Also, noticed that in
>> mythvideo there's no place to reset the meta data in the DB anymore?
>>
>>> Robert
>>>

> You are running old python bindings/versions of the scripts.  You need
> to speak to your packager or properly install the bindings and scripts
> from source.
>
> There is still a place to reset metadata, and it's still in the exact
> same place (albeit under a different name, though it still contains
> the word "Reset"). MENU->Change Video Details->Reset Details.
>
> All of the above is covered in the commit log, which it is essential
> that you be following if you are going to run development code.
>
> Robert

I have seen exactly this in Mythbuntu.

They are obviously there in SVN, so it is a packaging issue. I have 4
frontends and a backend all running daily trunk builds of Mythbuntu, and
none have the metadata directory and scripts.

Its not clear to me from th epackaging even which component should
provide these scripts. Which package should install the
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/blah scripts ?

Adding the /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/blah scripts in from svn gives the
per item functionallity ( pressing W retrieves data for chosen video).
However bulk scanning is less clear as to how it is suppose to work.

Bonus question: In trunk, MythVideo, should menu>Retrieve all Details
lead to a bulk download of either the highlighted storage group or
folder or DVD ? On my system mythbuntu + tvdb.py/tmdb.py in the right
place "Retrieve all details" apears to accomplish nothing, while "W"
works as expected.