[mythtv-users] Do GeForce GT220s run hot? Was rebooting my system on anything above VDAPUA slim.

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sun Sep 5 23:10:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabe Rubin" <gaberubin at gmail.com>

A hot graphics card shouldn't, generally, cause the computer to reboot
- it might crash X, but it shouldn't bring down the whole system.
Recent nVidia graphics cards remain stable up to quite high
temperatures anyway (~105 degrees C) - not that you should run them
that way, as they'll cause damage to something sooner or later (see
also pictures of GTX480's melting the insulation off nearby power
cables).

It sounds like a problem with the Power Supply to me.

- Chris