[mythtv-users] issues with frontend after an upgrade

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sun Sep 5 06:28:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to perform an upgrade of my frontend on Friday night and
> things did not go well.
> After running into lots of issues with the nvidia drivers I gave up
> and started again but now have different issues.
>
> I have loaded a brand new version of mythbuntu lucid onto a zotac ION
> I have then loaded JYA's trunk packages
>
> None of the mythtv themes are working correctly. If I select openGL
> the backgrounds are black, if I select QT, I get the backgrounds, but
> there is no hilight on the selection. If I select VDPAU, then I get no
> background within the theme (black) and the menu items just write over
> eachother.
>
> Any suggestions please?
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

It's not just you, I'm observing the same behavior. Same repository, too.

MythTV Version   : 25802
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 58
Library API      : 0.23.20100823-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

- Chris