[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 18:54:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 2:37 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 02:26:08PM -0400, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip>

> think
> me
> > > it
> tho.
> > >
> > >     Yes, kdenlive looks very promising but there are a lot of features
> > > (like
> > > transitions and titles) that haven't been implemented yet. It's very
> much
> > > a work in progress.
> > >

> > Um I use transitions and titles now, if you could clarify what you mean,
> I'd
> > appreciate it, just want to know what i might be missing out on.
>
>      The last version of kdenline I used didn't support text based titles
> of
> any kind. You had to sort of do a hack with images that contained text
> burned
> into them. There are various sorts of scrolling and spinning and other
> sorts
> of text effects that other lowend video editors do.
>
>     Dunno about the latest version though. I've seen visible progress just
> in
> the one's I've used myself so far.

Hmm hasn't been an update in over a year I think.  Basically I right click
in the project space and click add tittle clip, you then type your text in,
choose a color, and then can do effects with it.  IE the star wars scrolling
or w/e.  Can do spinning, shrinking, enlarging, all the good stuff.
 Anyways, I do like wow video's, so I do have a 3d text of my toon's
name/server that I do overlay on an opening clip, but yea text is there.

Anyways, just letting you know, I agree it's a work in progress, but does
way more than movie maker ever did for me before I got rid of windows
completely.  But again haven't seen imovie so can't make comparisions.
 Someone had just said the  linux side sux, but I think it's better than the
basic windows side myself.

> [deletia]

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell