[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Sep 3 18:37:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 02:26:08PM -0400, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:

> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Never messed with Imovie myself.  But Kdenlive (sorry not at home i think
> > > that's how it's spelled) is an excellent Video Editor For Linux.  To me
> > it
> > > works better than Movie Maker and has more options.  Just my 2cents tho.
> >
> >     Yes, kdenlive looks very promising but there are a lot of features
> > (like
> > transitions and titles) that haven't been implemented yet. It's very much
> > a work in progress.
> >

> Um I use transitions and titles now, if you could clarify what you mean, I'd
> appreciate it, just want to know what i might be missing out on.

     The last version of kdenline I used didn't support text based titles of
any kind. You had to sort of do a hack with images that contained text burned
into them. There are various sorts of scrolling and spinning and other sorts
of text effects that other lowend video editors do.

     Dunno about the latest version though. I've seen visible progress just in
the one's I've used myself so far.

[deletia]