[mythtv-users] Upgrading to 0.23.1

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 3 01:25:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 20:09 -0400, Harry Devine wrote:
> I saw a few posts a few weeks ago concerning updating to 0.23.1, so I
> followed what they said to update my system.  However, I don't think it
> has taken.  I installed an updated mythbuntu-repos package that the
> Update Manager had listed.  I also updated my /etc/apt/sources.list file
> to include the following (please note that I'm still on Mythbuntu 9.10):
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.23.1/ubuntu lucid main
> deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.23.1/ubuntu lucid main
>
> My Update Manager said that there was a new Myth version available
> (26057), so I let it put it on.  The apt log appears like it installed
> it, but when I do mythbackend --version, I get 25423, which is what I've
> been running for quite some time.  The only mythbackend app that I have
> on my system is in /usr/bin.
>
> So, what could be going on here?  Where else can I look to diagnose
> what's going on?  My system is still recording everything fine, I just
> like to update to newer builds.  Just a preference of mine.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Harry

I have a laptop with 9.10 on it (WUBI install on wifes laptop that wont
upgrade to lucid for some reason) and I have a frontend installed on it.
The other day I got a message saying the network protocol didn't match.
Last time I got this it was because the laptop was looking at repo 0.22
while the mythTV backend is 0.23. Using the Mythbuntu Control Centre
(auto builds plugin http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds) I was able to
switch to 0.23 builds/repos and get it going so I looked there again
this time.
Sure enough there were options for 0.22, 0.23 and 0.23.1
All had to do was select 0.23.1, apply and then do a system update and
it worked!
The fact that I could get the 9.10 system successfully re-connected to
my backend is the only indication that I have that 0.23.1 is
successfully installed.