[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 18:30:58 UTC 2010

>>> and just built a nice box using a Sempron processor that should only
>>> draw 45 W.
>>
>> If you enable Cool'n'Quiet, it should draw 15W at or near idle.
>
> Got full specs for a system that draws only 15W at idle?  Lowest I've
> seen is around 25-30W - anything under 40W takes very, very careful
> selection of parts.

The OP said his Sempron uses 45W which is the TDP of the processor
alone. 15W with Cool'n'Quiet is also just for the CPU by itself.

> I am not sure I have that enabled.  How do I checkto see if it is or
> actually enable it.

Should be in the BIOS, as someone already mentioned. In my BIOS I also
enabled "dynamic fan control" so the mobo automatically slows the CPU
fan down (and even stops it) when CPU loads are low enough.