[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 07:54:42 UTC 2010

Hi

On 2 September 2010 13:44, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also wonder if I shot myself in the foot by getting 550W power
> supply.  Or does that only use enough power that the computer is
> drawing as opposed to constantly drawing a lot of power?

This will depend on your power supply.

But generally, the capacity rated of the power supply only say how you
can draw from it.

If you're only drawing 50W, that's what you will use.

Power supplies efficiency do change based on the quality of the power
supply and how much you are utilising it.

These days most power supply are 80+, which means they guarantee it
will always be more than 80% efficient, no matter the load