[mythtv-users] DisplaySize = Full ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 21:28:53 UTC 2010

>> That is the ideal setup, I have found some of your earlier posts
>> difficult to follow because you seemed to be contemplating some other
>> architecture involving STB's all over the house. You can have as many
>> STB's and as many frontends as your heart desires, bearing in mind you
>> reach a point where your network and/or your disk IO gives up the
>> ghost.
>
> Originally, I was thinking along the lines of outputting to perhaps IP. I thought I might be able to put each video device onto it's own encoder, then into an IPTV stream perhaps, then use STB's at each TV which would tune into the different channels.
> Not much to do with myth, it's just something I was curious about, and still am.

This is nothing to do with myth really (as you acknowledge). Also it
is not a PVR system as there is not recording in what you propose.

FWIW I have expreimented with dvbstream, which will tune in a DVB
multiplex and multicast it via rtp on your LAN. It worked fine,
although I was only playing.

Also VLC can multicast to your LAN, including already recorded/ripped material.

However I have no need of any of that, I use mythtv as designed and it
works well.