[mythtv-users] Firewire capture broken in Ubuntu 10.10?

Debabrata Banerjee davatar at comcast.net
Tue Oct 26 18:52:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

  On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Debabrata Banerjee <davatar at comcast.net> wrote:
  > firewire-tester and test-mpeg2 work just fine, every time, however
  > mythbackend will only make 0 byte files. Channel changing is working. I
  > tried mythbackend -v all,extra,nodatabase,nonetwork,nosocket, and it shows
  > nothing when it's supposed to be capturing data (in other words, it's
  > getting data) after "Starting A/V streaming -- done".

  What do you see on the screen if you try to tune to one of these
  channels in MythTV's "Live TV" mode?

  Eric

After a few seconds I get the failsafe screen that reports it has no data but it should by now, I should try a different channel or source It's not true. If a shutdown mythbackend I'm perfectly capable of capturing that channel with test-mpeg2.