[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.10 upgrade broke VDPAU

Steve stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Oct 26 15:46:33 UTC 2010

On 10/25/2010 06:07 PM, Bill Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Paul Kendall<pkendall64 at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> I've got a 9500GT with 1GB ram running 260.19.12 nvidia drivers and it
>>> works perfectly with VDPAU.
>>>
>>> How much ram did your 9500GTs have?  I know some had 512mb, maybe they
>>> don't work?
>>>
>> Mine has 512MB. I'm running ubuntu 10.04 and tried the 260.19.06
>> drivers, like I said,
>> but they didn't work on the 9500GT, but were fine in the ION systems.
>>

> ION is a 9600M, correct?  So I'm surprised your 9500GT isn't working,
> but not surprised the ION works.

I'm in Bill's boat. My 9500GT with 512mb doesn't work with vdpau either.
I've been trying to get it going for a year. VDPAU was the reason I
bought the video card in the first place. But I eventually got tired of
wasting my weekends and just settled with dealing with letting my cpu
max out when playing SDTV on my core 2 duo. Looks good anyways. Not sure
how much better vdpau would have looked but i'm sure my cpu would not be
getting maxed out.

Maybe there is something to be said about the 9500GT with 512mb ram and
maybe it really doesn't work with VDPAU. I've tried several fresh
mythbuntu installs and never had any luck whatsoever.
-Steve