[mythtv-users] DisplaySize = Full ?

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Sat Oct 23 19:44:03 UTC 2010

> This is just me, but if I were living alone, I wouldn't mind having a
> single frontend connected to each TV in the house.  But as soon as more

There is only my wife and I in the house so this works fine for us.
For SD, we just tune into the RF channel I've assigned on the coax from any TV in the house.
For HD, we head to the living room. This is what I was asking about, if we would need to switch settings because it's not clear to me if each output has it's own settings which I can switch between.

I see people seem to have several resolution settings in their xorg.conf which I believe means one can switch between them or perhaps the system automatically picks one, this is what I don't know.

> switch resolutions with a remote control.  irexec can bind a remote
> button to execute any arbitrary command.  One such command could be
> xrandr, which lets you switch resolutions from the command line.

This is what I am interested in. The only thing I've not been able to confirm is if VGA and the HDMI port on the nvidia card are live at the same time, with each their own resolutions of if I need to switch between them.

The aside question was wondering if I could also switch between additional settings on each. So for example, on HDMI, say I wanted 720P instead of 1080P, could I simply use the remote and switch between the modes while watching like I can using other media players I own.

Mike