[mythtv-users] slimline stylish frontend

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 22:52:28 UTC 2010

On 22 October 2010 23:41, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Friday, October 22, 2010 04:30:30 pm Richard Morton wrote:
>> http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/20/zotac-zbox-hd-id34-blu-ray-playing-netto
>> p-reviewed-scores-well/ _______________________________________________
>
> Interesting. I'm not sure I'd call it a "heck of a Bargain", you're paying for design, not hardware.
>
> It seems that every few hours another ION device comes out, making it extremely difficult to make a decision.
>
> "Able to play most HD footage" bothers me a little, what sort of HD can it *not* play? Or is that a reference to the audio
> problem?
>
> Obviously HD-PVR recorded h264 is of particular interest here.
>
> Bose has a reputation for very high prices, yet it's the Bose audio that's problematic?
>
> Can it play from UPnP servers? Can it do Netflix? (almost the same question with PlayOn)?

Well if I had one I'd just boot ubuntu/myth on it.... So this is
dependant on Myth and Netflix isnt relevant to the UK... playing (and
ideally recording) BBC iPlayer, ITVPlayer, 4OD, LoveFilm (now with
downloading of films with developer API -
http://developer.lovefilm.com/)

> Dos it have a fan? How hot does it get? How loud is the BR drive?

fair enough...

> So many questions...

still, it looks prettier than most, but at a price... btw, Zotac can I
have it without the drive slot and BR drive please and save £50-80
please