[mythtv-users] slimline stylish frontend

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Oct 22 22:41:07 UTC 2010

On Friday, October 22, 2010 04:30:30 pm Richard Morton wrote:
> http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/20/zotac-zbox-hd-id34-blu-ray-playing-netto

Interesting. I'm not sure I'd call it a "heck of a Bargain", you're paying for design, not hardware.

It seems that every few hours another ION device comes out, making it extremely difficult to make a decision.

"Able to play most HD footage" bothers me a little, what sort of HD can it *not* play? Or is that a reference to the audio
problem?

Obviously HD-PVR recorded h264 is of particular interest here.

Bose has a reputation for very high prices, yet it's the Bose audio that's problematic?

Can it play from UPnP servers? Can it do Netflix? (almost the same question with PlayOn)?

Dos it have a fan? How hot does it get? How loud is the BR drive?

So many questions...