[mythtv-users] Swapping PCI cards kills X

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Oct 20 19:14:26 UTC 2010

> Wait until you have your combined master backend/frontend fully
> functional (then go for it.)

Other than the remote (using a crummy packard bell at the moment) and the audio problem, everything else appears to be doing what it should I need to of course fine tune settings and connect something to the HDMI port at some point but it's perfectly usable at the moment.

> With all due respect, I don't understand your question. I thought
> you were already using the HVR-1600 for analog input from a set top
> box. I /really/ suggest printing your physical connections like I did
> above.  It makes things easier to discuss.

I'm only using the 1600 for ATSC, nothing else. I asked because I know it's got the capture capabilities. And since you also confirm that it can capture and record ATSC at the same time, it might be better using that than setting up another server.

I haven't done a diagram because it's pretty basic right now.

> In my experience, however, recording from both inputs at the same time
> may cause the analog audio issue discussed in the link above. It doesn't
> happen every time. I believe my imaginary 'no audio counter' is at 5 for
> the year.

Always something :).

It might be worth a try before setting up a whole new machine mind you, the more hands on I get with this, perhaps the better too.

Thanks.

Mike