[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 01:27:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

>> > Building outside of myth, you mention that this has been mentioned but,
>> > can't say I've seen that or missed it. Either way, you could also mean
>> > manually, from the command line, without myth running which is what I'm
>> > guessing you mean. I've seen those things mentioned. Still doesn't tell
>> > me how to finish setting up this pvr-500 :).
>> >
>> > Also, I wasn't actually thinking of capturing first, I first wanted to
>> > nab local TV over ATSC which I thought this card does. I suppose however
>> > that at this point, I don't care which I do first, just need to pull the
>> > last bits together.

>> > I have that in my notes but don't see anything on setting up the card.
>> >
>> > The card is seen, looks like it's working ok in terms of no obvious
>> > errors at least.
>> >
>> > # lspci
>> > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0a20 (rev
>> > a2) 01:00.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation Device 0be2 (rev a1)
>> > 05:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
>> > (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01) 05:09.0 Multimedia video controller:
>> > Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
>> >
>> > Tried to find more in dmesg but it's filled with
>> > lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 0 4cb64d35 4cb64d35 a12c1 a1280
>>
>> It has been a long time since I used a capture card, but back in the
>> day I used to use tvtime (for tv) and xawtv (to verify card
>> functionality - it is tiny)..
>
> Those are for frame-grabbers, not for cards with on-board MPEG compression. Best test is t just cat the output and play
> the file.

Agreed, but I was not going to get into the module options and v4l2ctl
to make sure the right inputs were selected, etc  :)

Hell, just the other day I spent an hour trying to get my damn hdpvr
to accept a 16:9 feed on the composite input (and never got it to
work)...  damn SD camcorders that record in 16:9...  I'll just wait on
the firewire cable..