[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Tue Oct 12 17:02:03 UTC 2010

> I know this is not much help, but I had many similar headaches with
> mythdora (and Fedora in general) and ended up back with Mythbuntu.
> It's not perfect, but the stupid little things like drivers just seem

I think I'm going to switch if I can't get this working on this install.
At the moment, things are looking better. Changing out for the PVR-500 seems to have fixed one problem.
The Display problem also has not shown up this time around. I seem to have a clean, non nvidia drivers system
right now.

> So I can go from
> new hardware (I've set up 3 new ION based systems in the last few
> weeks) to fully working and integrated system in 30minutes more than
> the amount of time it takes Mythbuntu to install. I can't complain

One thing I've always noticed with projects like this is that sometimes, it's incredibly difficult to get up and running. Sometimes, things just don't want to come together and it seems hopeless. Sticking to it, all of a sudden, I just know I'll be installing myth on all kinds of hardware and it'll just come together.

I seem to be fighting some weird hardware combinations or something, no idea but I'm not giving up and appreciate the input.

Mike