[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:51:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:33 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> I'm not saying this is the case, but I don't think that post was intended
>> to be offensive, just a gentle reminder of a basic truth.
>
> Just bad timing since I am very much taking everyone's input, trying things, so it's not like I'm just ignoring the replies and doing stupid things. I'm reading, I'm taking it in, I'm trying what is being suggested. Just happens I've got something weird going on and I'm not the only one that's ever happened to. Maybe I'm one of the few who hasn't simply walked away yet.
>
>> With VERY rare exceptions the folks here really do want to help you get up
>> and running. I'm sure you will get things
>> working eventually, just be sure not to smack yourself too hard if the
>> problem turns out to be obvious in hindsight.
>
> It might very well be something stupid I'm doing but for the life of me, I've not noticed what that is yet. While I'm doing this, I'm also working on voip and other network services, doing this part time but trying to problem solve just as I'm doing with all of my other work.
>
> The smack I'll give myself if it's me doing this will be LOTS of beer and one hell of a laugh :).

I know this is not much help, but I had many similar headaches with
mythdora (and Fedora in general) and ended up back with Mythbuntu.
It's not perfect, but the stupid little things like drivers just seem
to work no matter what hardware I've tried installing it on. I've
probably gone through 20+ different hardware configurations with the
last few years worth of Mythbuntu with out issue (well, one, but it
was due to a bad power supply).

Now I have a folder on my mythbackend with my personal modifications
to the standard mythbuntu install for my house setup and was able to
do the same for the system I just built my parents. So I can go from
new hardware (I've set up 3 new ION based systems in the last few
weeks) to fully working and integrated system in 30minutes more than
the amount of time it takes Mythbuntu to install. I can't complain
about that. I even turned one of them into a desktop by just telling
the mythbuntu control center to install Gnome and it was a piece of
cake.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!