[mythtv-users] Mythvideo (metadata)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 14:02:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Tom Gerrard <mythtv at simpletcpip.com> wrote:
>> My metadata downloads have stopped working for some reason. I have been
>> running trunk for several years, and have always been able to work out my
>> problems,but this one has me stumped..
>>  I started noticing that some rips I did of the TV series The Unit wouldn't
>> work and the frontend log showed that no results were found.. I naming
>> scheme The Unit s01e01.mkv
>> 2010-10-09 16:39:03.687 Running Grabber:
>> /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M The Unit
>> 2010-10-09 16:39:04.438 No results found for The Unit 1 1
>
> For what it's worth I seem to have the same problem, after updating
> from the JYA trunk repo to the mythbuntu nightly trunk builds a few
> days ago (to fix the generation of screenshots on recordings).  The
> command written to the log does work correctly when run by hand,
> however a LAN trace does not show it accessing the internet when I hit
> the 'W' key.  I had a quick browse through the code and can't see any
> way of troubleshooting further without modifying metadatadownload.cpp
> & compiling from source.
>
> My software versions are the same as yours, did you have any luck fixing it?
>
> Tom

Every single one of these issues, to the very last, for trunk users in
the last few months have been issues with python bindings installs.
You may see output when you run the command, but in all likelihood you
are seeing the output produced by the old python bindings.  You can
post the output of the command if you like, but odds are that's what's
happening here too.  This has been a persistent problem with the
Ubuntu packages, upon which I believe JYA's are based.

Robert