[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony Remote info required

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Oct 11 12:01:17 UTC 2010

My main mythtv setup is currently controlled by a wireless keyboard, but
although I and the youngest son can handle this it isn't very family-friendly so
I am planning to replace it and all the other remotes with a Harmony remote,
probably either a 600 or 650 as I'm not made of money just at the moment.

So, first question. What exactly is the difference between a 600 and a 650?
Apart from £20, that is. Googling tells me NOTHING except they have a USB
interface and what batteries to use.

Secondly, I do not currently possess a computer with either Windows or Mac
software. Is there a solution available for programming such remotes using
Linux? If not, is there a work-around?

Third, I'm not 100% set on Harmony remotes, except that I have read good things
here on the list concerning them. Are there non-Logitech remotes that I should
be considering in addition?

Thanks in advance.
--

Mike Perkins