[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony Remote info required

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:21:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> Secondly, I do not currently possess a computer with either Windows or Mac
> software. Is there a solution available for programming such remotes using
> Linux? If not, is there a work-around?

Hi Mike,

I used congruity and concord to program my remote yesterday (old 520
model), which was quite easy.  Both these packages are in the Ubuntu
repos for 10.04 and previous.  Just check for supported hardware at
their website before trusting me :)
http://phildev.net/concordance/supported_models.shtml

You just install the congruity package, which sucks in the concord
dependency, program your remote at
http://members.harmonyremote.com/EasyZapper/UserHome.asp and then you
will be prompted to download the programmed data file to your remote,
which you just open with /usr/bin/congruity from within firefox.

HTH's,
Whytey