[mythtv-users] mythfrontend and Gnome or mythfrontend sans window manager with firefox?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Oct 10 18:36:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 13:24 -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> you still want some form of window manager to handle
> the Z level

What is "Z level"?

> and focus.

IMHO, this is a common misconception.  I know I will get an argument
about this but I have run Myth for many (i.e. since about 0.18 or 0.19)
years without ever using a window manager and have never had a problem.
Even when I used to use mplayer as an external video player (that's how
long I have been using Myth).

b.