[mythtv-users] HDHR 0-byte recordings

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:46:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 1:05 PM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
> > wrote:
>
>> On 10/10/2010 07:44 AM, James Orr wrote:
>>

>> > I'm still having a few issues.
>> >
>> > I did upgrade to 0.23.1 build 26437 (I'm on gentoo and that's the most
>> > recent ebuild) and redid the scan.
>> >
>> > First, when I go to the channel editor, I have no callsigns listed in
>> > the channels.  They all say "(Unnamed: 4099)", with different numbers on
>> > each obviously.
>>
>> Did you look at all of your channels? (hard to do in mythsetup channel
>> editor, much easier in mythweb) On my system only a
>> handful get callsigns, only the OTA HD channels.
>>

> Yeah, I looked through them all, none have a callsign.  I even did a select
> callsign from channel where sourceid = 4 directly in the database and they
> are all blank.  There's about 60 channels.
>

>> > Next, when I start up the backend (HDHR records on a slave backend) I
>> > get these messages in the log ...
>> >
>> > 2010-10-10 10:33:46.545 MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd IS_BUSY)
>> > Unknown encoder: 26
>> > 2010-10-10 10:33:46.555 MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd
>> > GET_MAX_BITRATE) Unknown encoder: 26
>> > 2010-10-10 10:33:46.575 MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd IS_BUSY)
>> > Unknown encoder: 27
>> > 2010-10-10 10:33:46.585 MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd
>> > GET_MAX_BITRATE) Unknown encoder: 27
>> >
>> > This must be something left over in the database, but deleting the
>> > tuners and adding them back makes no difference.  I can't find the
>> > references to encoders 26 and 27 in the database either.
>> >
>> > When I go in to Live TV I just get my HDPVR and when I go to change
>> > inputs there are no options.
>> >

>> I don't know what is going on here, but 26 and 27 are pretty high numbers
>> if encoders are the same thing as tuners. How did you
>> delete your tuners?
>

> My tuner numbers are pretty high and getting higher due to deleting and
> adding them back in, also I've been running myth since 2004 and have had
> quite a few different tuners in that time.  I deleted them with "Delete all
> capture cards on [hostname]".  There's no encoder 26 or 27 in the
> capturecard or cardinput tables, not sure where else to look.

I've posted the results of ./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF -p -V 3003
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 here ...
http://www.orrwhat.net/vct.txt

None of my HD channels show up there, so I guess any channels I have in myth
but do not show up in this list are my HD channels?

So, the only way to determine what channel it is, is to tune it ... but how
can I tune it when the HDHR isn't showing up under live TV?