[mythtv-users] nVidia ION2 brightnes/dimming

Iain Buchanan iaindb at netspace.net.au
Fri Oct 8 04:55:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 23:03 -0500, jmk wrote:

> For example, if I select a Myth menu item, the new screen loads and is
> initially very bright, but after a second or so dims a bit. It's also
> apparent during video playback, especially during darker scenes, the
> display dims even further

what display do you have?  I don't think HDMI has any brightness control
capability, but you never know.  Also check your display settings - do
you have some sort of dynamic contrast enabled?  Finally, try VGA or a
different monitor and see.  Only guessing though.

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153183&cm_re=d525-_-13-153-183-_-Product

hey, that has GPIO.  Any plans on using it?

cya,

And that's the way it is...
		-- Walter Cronkite