[mythtv-users] nVidia ION2 brightnes/dimming

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Fri Oct 8 04:03:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

I recently put together a new frontend using a Jetway ION2-based board (1). Unfortunately, I've noticed an issue with the display brightness periodically changing. For example, if I select a Myth menu item, the new screen loads and is initially very bright, but after a second or so dims a bit. It's also apparent during video playback, especially during darker scenes, the display dims even further. I've set the PowerMizer feature to max performance, thinking that may be related, but it didn't seen to change anything. I'm currently using HDMI -- I'm not sure if DVI might be any different. Any suggestions? Faulty board?

Thanks,
Joe

(1) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153183&cm_re=d525-_-13-153-183-_-Product