[mythtv-users] Gnome Panel Myth TV status indicator

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 23:14:43 UTC 2010

I wrote a very simple Gnome Panel status indicator that displays the number of currently recording tuners on a mythTV system.

This is my first Python application, and as such I probably did a bunch of stuff wrong. It does work however.

I wrote this because I was continually interrupting recordings by not noticing that the backend was recording something, and
updating the system.

I would appreciate it if you would tell me if you notice I did something wrong, or if there is a better way to implement this.