[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Oct 5 20:46:36 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 05, 2010 02:34:33 pm Steve Smith wrote:

> So the 5200 didn't show the bios... not good news it's certainly
> starting to point towards the card being fritzed. It's a long shot but
> it **could** be the S-VIDEO cable, the pins on the connectors are a
> bit delicate & known to bend/break (I've done it myself), so it's
> worth inspecting it and if possible trying it on some other equipment.

Agreed, I have bent more than one pin on that sort of connector.

Also, if you are using any sort of adapter on the card output, make sure it's the correct one, there are many very
similar-looking adapters.

I'm talking about the adapters that come with the cards, to convert to an RCA connector for composite. They are definitely
not all the same. Try to use the one that came with that specific card if you can.