[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 14:49:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:17, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> Boy that's the truth. So much today is either sequels or remakes, or outright exploitation of some group (usually kids).
> They want a guaranteed hit, and stealing someone else's previous success seems to them to be the way to get that. The
> follow-ons are never as good as the originals, so you might as well just watch that. "Ocean's 47", or whatever incarnation
> they are at now, can't touch the original 1960s version, and the latest "Star Trek" was a travesty as well as outright
> theft of concept (I don't care if they paid for the rights, it stunk, and dishonored the original).

I enjoyed the latest Star Trek movie... :) but I don't want to get
into an argument; everyone is entitled to enjoy or hate whichever
movies he/she wants. I, personally, thought White Men Can't Jump was
awful. Apparently I was in the minority there too.

> I agree, Netflix is great. It shows that DVD quality is sufficient for most things. My main fear is that as more people
> discover Netflix streaming the ISPs will tighten up their bandwidth caps, trying to push other on-demand services that cost
> far more, and are often owned by the ISP itself (usually a cable company).

We just got Netflix streaming in Canada. I am eager to sign up, but my
free time is so limited I can't make much use of the free month offer.
At least I want to see what the quality is like. Does it look good? Is
it worth the extra bandwidth to stream in HD? (my cap is 60 GB, which
I usually don't go near, but I do use a reasonable chunk for backups
and other "routine" stuff)

To bring this back on topic... I want Netflix streaming in a Myth plugin! ;-)

(my machine isn't powerful enough to do full-screen [1920x1080] flash
:(  ... I may have to bite the bullet and update the firmware on my
PS3.... bye-bye Linux I rarely use anyway...)

aaron