[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 4 19:05:36 UTC 2010

On Monday, October 04, 2010 01:01:46 pm mike at grounded.net wrote:
> > Ok just to check. You switched off the pc unplugged the monitor and
> > plugged the vid card into the tv and switched on? Did you see any
> > output on the tv when it was booting? You should see the pc booting up
> > on the 5200 at least. X and the myth ui will be harder but the bios
> > etc should show if the tv out is working on your card.
>
> Yup, I tried everything that was suggested to me in the thread when I
> wasn't able to figure it out on my own. The thread isn't very old, it's
> called 'xorg.conf for fx5200'.
> I could pop the card back in and continue the thread if you are able
> (interested) in helping me and if those that don't like others helping
> others stay out of the thread.

No problem with folks helping, I just don't like seeing the same thing over and over again.

The 5200 will probably require the legacy driver, but should work, you should even be able to get XVmC to work for MPEG2
stuff.

Best of luck, I often enjoy getting antique gear to work, sort of like driving a Model-T, fun, but not practical.