[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:19:00 UTC 2010

Mike,

Setup the PCIe based system with the Nvidia graphics card.
Install Ubuntu or whatever flavour you want.
Assuming GNOME desktop.
See if the distro wants proprietary drivers, on ubuntu it is in the
system menu under "Hardware Drivers" and on 10.10 it is called
"Additional Drivers".

open the GNOME preferences monitors tool. see if your tv out is
showing up as a disabled monitor. If it is SVideo, make sure you have
the TV on and connected when you boot. I have heard that some cards
disable it (and ubuntu redetects each reboot as default), so it doesnt
show... I have not seen this though on my asus 8500GT nvidia card.

Once you have that sorted, and can see your mouse pointer on your TV,
we can start looking at Myth.

I hope that was helpful and I didnt mean to teach you to suck eggs, if
you already know this.